Friday, May 4, 2012

It's time... for another update!

Okay, okay.  I know that it's been like two months since I posted anything... I'm sorry!  That is wholly my fault.  But in the meantime, I got a new nephew, started working out, having my awesome "Weekly Wednesdays" with the new family, etc, etc.  It's been one wild ride but I can't possibly imagine life being any better.  Honestly... I've never imagined my life so wonderful.  Amazing blood family that's always been there for me and loved me... even if sometimes I wasn't on the path they would have liked... they loved me through it and helped me get back to where I need to be.  Friends that are as loyal as they come... they would have my back even if I was completely wrong... they wouldn't let me stand there alone and look like an a$$... they'd join me.  A boyfriend that continually blows my mind by not only the love he shows me, but the time he invests in me.  It's amazing.  He calls me on my stuff and it's awesome... and my new-ish family... they aren't officially last name tied to me yet, but one day... and we are family just because of the love we have.  It's always so incredible to be wrapped in love, loyalty and trust like no other when you meet new people. 

Let's talk about part of this new-ish family... I'll get into all the members, but we gotta start somewhere, and besides, I don't want everyone to get confused so we'll go one member at a time! haha!

ENTER MIKE AND CONSTANCE PERRIN

Stats:  Mike - Boedy's older brother
          Constance - Married to Mike
          Haven - 6 yr old daughter
          Grayson - 2 yr old son
          Elleanor - bun in the oven (can't wait to meet your smiling face!)

Mike and Constance are such amazing people.  They have two and a quarter kids.  Mike works outside the home, Constance is always working at home being a mommy, baseball for Mike, softball for Haven (where mommy and daddy coach), home-based businesses... they are always going... but still make time for the things that matter; each other, their kids, and their family outside their home.  Every week, we have what we like to call "Weekly Wednesday" (WW).  It's become one of my favorite days of the week.  We get together for dinner and then either let the kids play outside or do something as a group... and finding something for 8 people to enjoy is a challenge but we always seem to handle it with such grace.  I cherish this time with them.  I love that Boedy's family is so close knit.  Mike and Constance are like my real brother and sister... it's awesome... we pick on each other and laugh and joke... since my sister lives in Oklahoma and my brother in Alaska, it's nice to have them close and able to see them weekly.  

You know those people that you instantly click with... well that was Constance for me... it was like I found a missing piece of me in her.  We have so much in common but also just enough difference that it stretches us to learn or get interested in other things.  It's great.  We both have a passion for high heels and what's not to love about a girl who also has a shoe fetish!?  haha!  It's just so funny to us that we didn't know each other sooner... she graduated two years after my sister Jamie and knows all the same people I know... I guess it's just a sign that God wasn't ready for us to meet yet.  She's crafty... I mean, SUPER crafty... she's so creative... if I could steal just an ounce of the stuff she's made or decorated... I'd be a stinkin' superhero at my own house.  I don't know how she does it all... being a mommy full time is hard enough, but making things for the new baby, cleaning house, decorating, organizing, selling pampered chef, coaching softball... I'm already tired and that's not even half of the stuff she does on the reg.

Back to Weekly Wednesdays...So the other night, we were trying to come up with something fun to do for after dinner, and Constance has gotten into Geo Caching... if you haven't looked into it, you need to.  It's so fun.  It's like a scavenger hunt using your GPS.  We went and found two geo cache spots and had a complete blast trying to figure out what the "treasure" was.  The kids had a blast too.  I think this might be our new hobby.  I might even have to buy the app on my phone.. and yes all you haters, Blackberry's have apps too... haha!  (that's for you babe)

Anyway, I just wanted to take a few minutes and break up your day and let you know that no matter what's going on, once you remove the crap and bad stuff out of your life and leave room for the good stuff, it comes.  It does happen.  If I hadn't gotten rid of the baggage in my life holding me back, I wouldn't have re-met Boedy, fallen in love with him, his kids and his family.  Who knows what my life would be like without them.  I can honestly say that this is the family that I was meant to marry into for the rest of my life.  I can't see my life without them!!

So, here's something to make you think today...
What will you make time for?

{lou}





No comments:

Post a Comment