Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The day the media got bored and decided to see how many people could fight over nothing...


If I have to read one more thing about Chick-fil-a… I’m going to lose my mind.  Considering just becoming a hermit for a few days until everyone is over all this Chick-fil-a hurt my feelings business...

I am just sick of everyone fighting over something that no one can change.  Let the Mr Cathy have his strong Christian beliefs.  At least when his judgment day comes, he’ll know he stood for something instead of falling for anything.  We should all be so lucky.  These days, the general population goes for the politically correct thing instead of what they were taught and believed in.  Did anyone ever realize that no one is getting all butt hurt over Muslims owning a franchise that has the same views.  Oh, that’s because they are Muslim and we can’t discriminate against them.   I have gay friends and gay family members, AND I love them to countless measures and their lifestyle has no bearing, nor does it change how I feel about them!!  The good news is I can still love them and have my beliefs… It's not up to me to pass judgment so, I think I'll leave that task to the power that does know how to judge to a standard that is far above all my imperfections.  Let me ask this: what is not eating a chicken sandwich gonna prove?  Are you gonna hold up your non-Chick-fil-a receipt to all your gay friends dated August 1, 2012 and say, “lookie here… I’m so awesome.  I didn't eat there on that day when the media made a huge thing out of nothing because they were having a slow news day.  But I ate there for the years before.  And in a few years, when I forget about this, I’ll probably swing through for a nice cup of sweet tea.”  Move on, we all have more important things to worry about than who showed up, who didn't, and who lied about it.

Please, oh please, just enjoy your loved ones; gay, straight, Jewish, black, white, brown, yellow; without wondering who is going to get offended by it.  Jesus taught love... so why aren't we all doing more of that and less condemning of others.  Maybe we should all take some time out and think about the people... who are they to us, regardless of their lifestyle.  My friends are my friends for who they are to me... no one is going to change that.   I love them all... gay, straight, Jewish, black, white, brown, yellow, blind, deaf, diabetic, whatever the case may be.

Whew!  Can someone bring me a step ladder... I may have made this soap box a little tall so people could see me over the other ones.

{lou}

No comments:

Post a Comment